September 8 @ 09:30 - 13:30£42
SafeTALK is a half-day alertness training that prepares anyone over the age of 16, regardless of prior experience or training, to become a suicide-alert helper.
Over the course of the training, you will learn to:
- Notice and respond to situations where suicide thoughts might be present
- Recognize that invitations for help are often overlooked
- Move beyond the common tendency to miss, dismiss, and avoid suicide
- Apply the TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, and KeepSafe
- Know community resources and how to connect someone with thoughts of suicide to them for further help