Starting school can be an exciting and daunting time for both you and your child. It’s never too early to start thinking about what you can do to prepare your child for starting school.
Steps to starting school
Build your child’s confidence so that they start school confident, curious and ready to learn. Here’s some top tips …
- Get your child ready for their new routine by switching their meal times to match those of the school day
- Encourage your child to explore new environments and interact with new people
- Talk to your child about what they are most looking forward to at school
- Let your child practice putting their new school uniform on and taking it off
- Remember, every child is different and starts school with different abilities
If you have any concerns about your child being ready for school, you could discuss this with the school that you want your child to attend or contact a health visitor for advice and support on 01752 434008.