Supporting you to manage depression, anxiety, stress, OCD, phobias and life pressures.
At some time in our lives most of us find ourselves feeling low, worried, fearful or distressed. Plymouth Options offers a range of services to people experiencing common mental health problems such as:
- Managing low mood
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Social anxiety
- Emotional distress from certain life events
- Sleep problems
- Psycho sexual counselling
How can I access the service?
If you are 16 years and over and registered with a Plymouth GP there are a number of ways that you can access the different services that Plymouth Options provide. You can self-refer via the following:
- Telephone: 01752 435419
- Complete this online referral form
- Download and complete the referral form in our leaflet and post to Plymouth Options, Centre Court, 73 Exeter Street, Plymouth, PL4 0AH
Alternatively you can talk to your GP or other health and social care professionals who are able to send a referral on your behalf.
You can access our free 1 hour workshops which cover a range of health and wellbeing topics – check the workshop section below to find out more and directly book your place on a workshop.
What happens next?
Once a referral is received we will contact you to arrange an appointment. If we are not the right service for your needs we will signpost you to an alternative service.
On your first appointment with an Options Practitioner they will listen to understand the difficulties you are facing and then discuss the different treatment options and free courses available. This may include individual one to one therapy sessions or group work and they will help you to make choices which feel right for you.
Plymouth Options is not an acute service so is not suitable for people:
- Who are a high risk to themselves or others, such as current risk of suicide or serious self-harm
- Using other mental health services, such as the Community Mental Health Team
- Who have current or severe and enduring mental health needs and as such require specialist services
If this service is not suitable for you and you feel at high risk to yourself or others please contact your GP or call 111.
For further information on the different talking therapies offered by the anxiety & depression service (Plymouth Options), please see the relevant buttons below.