Enhancing Motivation to Change
June 5 @ 09:30 - 16:30Free
Enhancing Motivation to Change is a 1 day course that will build individuals’ ability
to ‘promote health seeking behaviour’ in others, supporting other Health promotion work.
Participants will have the opportunity to;
- Review the “Spirit,” and the specific techniques of Motivational Interviewing.
- Discuss motivation as it pertains to their own clients.
- Review and practice specific techniques to increase client motivation and promote health seeking behaviour.
- Employ several techniques to develop discrepancy between goals and current behaviour.
- Use strategies to explore, amplify, and resolve ambivalence to change.