- This event has passed.
Making Every Contact Count
July 2 @ 09:30 - 12:30Free
2 x 3 hour sessions: 2 July & 9 July 2020
The session will equip participants with a range of specific MECC skills that will enable them to deliver MECC confidently and consistently well. At the end of the session, participants should be able to:
- Understand the importance of healthy lifestyle choices and their role in health improvement;
- Identify key messages (on smoking, healthy eating/healthy weight, responsible drinking, physical activity, and mental health and emotional wellbeing);
- Use communication skills that will enable them to raise an issue, open up a conversation and assess a person’s readiness to change the health-related behaviour;
- Use a range of health behaviour change techniques (including basic motivational interviewing techniques);
- Deliver brief advice and brief interventions;
- Signpost clients to local healthy lifestyle services & support; and
- Feel confident that they can apply the training in practice.