Steps is a community service run by Livewell Southwest which helps people with a range of problems and recovering from illness, to gain confidence and independence though community and group activities.
You can refer yourself to our services, or your GP or health and care professionals already supporting you can refer you.
We will work with you to help you achieve your goals and aspirations. We also recognise that your journey is difficult and your experiences are likely to have been painful.
Steps Recovery Charter
- Ensure that HOPE is at the heart of your recovery.
- Work with you to build or re-build your life so that it has meaning to you.
- Help you to re-discover your identity, separate from your illness or disability
- Recognise the need for you to take responsibility and control of life
- Being open, respectful, collaborative and actively listening to you
- Helping you to make sense of your illness and experiences
- Helping you to prioritise your goals and also helping you to find the right people and places to achieve them
- Focusing on your strengths and building on them
- Asking you what you would like from us and using language that is not full of jargon
Our courses include:
- Help with pre-employment and employment skills
- Help to seek voluntary work opportunities
- Computer skills and literacy
- Anxiety management
- Mindful approaches to stress and depression
- Healthy Living
- Horticultural therapy at CROP
- Art in the natural environment
- It’s a Goal!
- Drake Sailing
We would be grateful if you would complete a survey based on your experience. Click here
See what others have said
For general enquiries, or to be directed to a specific service or individual, please contact our switchboard on 01752 435502.